The Sexual Health Alliance is hosting a free screening of Someone You Love: The HPV Epidemic on Sunday, September 20th at 11am. The screening will take place at Filmscene and is sponsored by the Iowa Cancer Consortium and the Emma Goldman Clinic.
Immediately following the film there will be a panel discussion with local health experts where audience members can ask questions and learn about available local resources. We hope to see you there!
- Thursday, Oct 16: SHA Community Engagement Speakeasy 7-10pm, Clinton Street Social Club, Iowa City.
- Friday, Oct 31: Safer Sexpo, 11:00-2:00pm, Burge Hall, University of Iowa
- Thursday, Nov 6: Regular SHA Meeting, 11:00 – 12:30, Johnson County Public Health
- Thursday, Nov. 20: Project Homeless Connect and Stand Down, 11:00-5:00pm, Robert E. Lee Community Recreation Center
- Thursday, Nov. 20: Simultaneous Free Screenings of Dallas Buyers Club, 6-9:00pm, Iowa City Public Library and Cedar Rapids Public Library
- Saturday, Dec. 6: The Mirage, 9pm-12am, IMU 2nd Floor Ballroom Iowa City, Iowa.
Heads up! Our regularly scheduled meeting in July is cancelled! Instead, meet our coalition members at 2:30pm on Thursday, July 12th at the Panera Bread on Edgewood Road in Cedar Rapids. On behalf of our fundraising committee, we’ll be discussing plans for our fall fundraising event. If you liked our first annual soireé, come and get the inside scoop on this year’s event!